Trusted By All
Years of Experience
The Daily Bale
Natasha Post, Author
Transporting combines and all farm equipment should always be done by experts. At Tractor Transport we only use the most experienced drivers with the best trailers. But we also want to make sure the clients know what to expect. Keep reading to find out how to load a combine properly.
Using the Right Equipment to Load a Combine
Loading a Combine into A Trailer
Loading a combine in a removable gooseneck is quick and easy. Detach the neck from the trailer on firm ground. Pull out the outriggers and the ramp. Following directions from an experienced guide, drive the combine in reverse onto the deck. Balance the combine and when incorrect position, switch it off, disconnect the battery terminals, and cut-off the fuel supply.
Put wooden blocks behind the wheels and secure them firmly to prevent the combine from back and forth movement. Then follow the safe securement protocol to secure the combine with chains and straps. When you are sure that the combine is firm enough, carry out a visual inspection all round to counter check the loading procedure was done correctly. To do this, start by inspecting the combine’s brakes. If the combine is much bigger and with a very wide header, you will need a specialized wheeled header carrier that can be driven into the trailer with a tractor. If this is the case, the combine has to move to the tail end, followed by the header, which is already mounted on its carrier. When hauling the combine using a drop deck, the combine will drive onto the trailer first; then, the header will come in second. Whichever the trailer you use, ensure both the header and the combine are adequately secured.
Safety Concerns That Must Be Checked When Loading a Combine
Common Types of Combine Tractor Transport Ships
The first combine was developed in 1885 and named “combined harvester” because it combined three separate harvesting. The combine could reap, thresh, and winnow dried wheat simultaneously. Currently, the combine is the world’s largest agricultural implement. Combines have become more versatile as they can be mounted with a wide variety of heads so that they can harvest almost all types of grains. Below are common types of combine Tractor Transport hauls;
- New Holland: New Holland is best known for building one of the largest combines. The CR 9090 that was released to the market in 2011 is the largest combine ever built.
- John Deere: John Deere is the world’s largest agricultural implement manufacturers. John Deere’s combines are the most popular. Currently, the company has five different types of combine; a single “T” series model and four models of “STS series. The latter is designed with a single tine separation model while the former has a basic combine mechanism
- Case International Harvesters: Case International has invested heavily in the manufacturing of combines. Case combines employ an axial-flow mechanism. Currently, there are six models of varying grain capacity and power output.
- Massey Ferguson: Massey Ferguson is the first combine manufacture to produce self-propelled combine. The company’s combine models are known to have the fastest grain unloading rate.
- Other types include:
- Senor from Argentina
- AGCO’s Combine Harvesters
- Western Combines
- Volvo BM (Volvo BM Aktln and Volvo Thaermeniu)
- International Harvester
- Ford, And